February 15, 2019 | Michele Langley
14 Reasons to Fall in Love with Johnston County
Clayton NC is a great place to live. Clayton is one of the fastest growing municipalities in the State of North Carolina. Not only are new homes and subdivisions being developed, but there are many new restaurants and locally-owned shops grace the downtown landscape. Below are just a few reasons we think you might fall in love with Clayton NC and other towns in Johnston County. Whether you live local or in Raleigh, you will the trip to some of our favorite places with the drive.
- Johnston County Schools operate on a traditional school schedule and consistently rank high in performance. If schools are important when buying a home, you can check out performance rankings at greatschools.com
- Good Eats! Check out Manning’s Restaurant, Clayton Steakhouse, Cleveland Draft House, Simple Twist, Tavern 42, Venero’s Pizzeria and the Clayton Bakery. The Pineville Club at Flowers Plantation Café opened on February 8th and serves lunch and dinner. Local Chefs offer delicious menu at each of these establishments.
- Green Thumb? If you love gardening, jewelry, and clothes, you will love DeWayne’s. It is a great place to stroll through with friends to relax and gather ideas for your home and garden or just pamper yourself.
- Love to Cook or Garden? For cooks, fresh produce and gardening Lee’s Produce is a quick trip to downtown Clayton. You know spring is around the corner when you see Lee’s Produce open and in full bloom!
- Dog Friendly! If you are a pet owner, you may enjoy the Clayton Dog park located across from the East Clayton Park at 2027 Glen Laurel Road.
- Buying – There are numerous planned developments that are affordable for 1st time home buyers to luxury homes– Portofino, Flowers Plantation, Bedford, Highgate, Riverwood, Parkview, Glen Laurel, and Broadmoor to name a few. It is amazing how fast this town is growing and still maintains the small-town community experience. Search featured Clayton NC homes for sales and subdivisions here.
- Renting – If you are not ready to purchase a home or waiting for your home to be built there are several Apartment complexes to choose from– Pines @ Glen Laurel, Amelia Station, Stallings Mills, The Arbors @ East Village.
- Looking for Career opportunities? – These major corporations call Clayton home; Caterpillar, Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical, Coco-Cola, Smithfield Packing Co., PCX and Natvar.
- Great place to walk or ride a bike – Trails & Greenways – The trails winding along the rivers & streams, displayed with children’s art, and wildlife. The Town of Clayton trails has greenways that offer miles of enjoyment. You can choose from; Sam’s Branch Greenway Trailhead & Parking 1358 N. O’Neil Street or Clayton River Walk on the Neuse Trailhead & Parking 2686 Covered Bridge Road.
- Entertainment -The Clayton Center is a wonderful place to enjoy a performance, rent the facilities, or attend a meeting at the Conference Center. Upcoming events in February: Yolanda Rabun Concert and The Diviners presented by Clayton Youth Theater
- Clayton Parks & Recreation – Spring is around the corner and it’s time to register for Spring T-Ball, Baseball or Softball! Sign up at ClaytonParks.org/Register
- Medical Services Close to Home – Johnston Medical Center-Clayton is in partnership with Duke University Heath System. Easy access to find on NC HWY 42 west, between the Intersection of Amelia Church Road and US 70 Bypass.
- Crafts and Artistic Abilities – The Bexley House (Furniture, décor, candles and workshops), Wine & Design, The Market 3 Little Birds, and Clayton General Store. Check all of them out on Facebook!
We enjoy serving this great community! Please let us know how we can help you buy or sell you home in Johnston County.
We have complied a list of reasons to love living in Clayton NC and some of the favorite Clayton NC hot spots. Check out 13 reasons Clayton NC is a great place to live.