March 25, 2019 | Michele Langley
Clayton NC Events and Festivals – Spring 2019
Are you looking for a Johnston County event or festival this weekend?
Spring has arrived in Clayton NC and with the weather warming, Clayton NC and Johnston County residents are looking for some great outdoor activities. We have collected some of the great Clayton NC events and festivals being held in Johnston County this Spring that we know will be of interest to you. Whether you are a homeowner or resident in Clayton or nearby Raleigh NC, these popular events and festivals in Johnston County, also known as “JoCo” by the locals, are worth putting on your Spring calendar.
Clayton NC Events – Johnston County Events this Spring include:
- 2019 Sip into Spring Oyster Roast & Live Music: March 30 – Welcome Spring this year with Oysters, local wine & craft beer from Double Barley, live music, and more at this exciting upcoming event taking place at Hinnant Family Vineyards in Johnston County! Live music by The Switch at 12pm and Heads Up Penny from 3-5pm. Enjoy all the sites and sounds on a beautiful back patio over looking 100 acres of vineyards located in Pine Level North Carolina.
- 3rd Annual Health and Wellness Expo: April 6 – Hosted by Clayton Women In Networking (WIN), the expo is focused on improving community members health and wellness. The event is focused on both women and men’s health and will include vendors, raffles, demos, and much more. The Clayton WIN Health and Wellness Expo will be held from 9am-3pm at The Church at Clayton Crossing, located at 11407 US 70 Hwy Business West in Clayton, NC.
- Beach Fest: April 27 – If you are looking for a fun music celebration event, you may want to check out this free event at The Farm venue in Selma, NC. The Beach Fest features popular local bands such as Jim Quick & Coastline, The Embers, Band of Oz and more. The fun will begin at 11am and closes at 6pm.
- Strawberry Festival: April 27 – The Greater-Cleveland community of Garner, NC invites you to join an all-day celebration offering not only strawberries from local farmers across Johnston County, but also family fun and entertainment. The festival includes a classic car show, face painting, activities for the kids, and lots of food! Event is from 9am to 7pm.
- Bentonville Battlefield Anniversary Event March 16 – Visit the state historic site in honor of the 154th anniversary of the Battle of Bentonville in Four Oaks, NC for a day of themed programs where participants can learn about Civil War medical practices and how battlefield medicine was revolutionized.
- Riverwood Spring Golf Outing: May 10 – Not a golfer? That’s ok, you can still join us at the Riverwood Golf Community located near Archer Lodge in Clayton, NC. Sponsor a hole or a beverage cart, set up a table to network. Bring a game and have some fun! Lunch will be served on the turn & on the course. Beverages will be provided all day. Goodie bags, snacks, and chips will be loaded on your carts! Registration starts at 9am, shotgun start at 10am.
- Ham & Yam Festival: May 4 – Enjoy authentic southern cooking including ham biscuits, barbeque pork, and sweet potatoes at the Ham & Yam Festival, which takes place every year on the first Saturday in May in Downtown Smithfield.
- Eva Gardner Festival: May 31 and June 1 – You don’t want to miss the return of the popular Ava Gardner Festival in Downtown Smithfield, NC. Included in this year’s festival is a brand-new exhibit, moving screenings, guided heritage tours, and more.
Johnston County, located in the center of North Carolina, just 30 minutes east of Raleigh, where I-95, I-40 and Highway 70 connect, is a desirable destination with small-town charm and long-standing events and festivals taking place all the time.
If you are interested in learning more about Clayton NC and Johnston County, the Modern Living Home Team has assisted many home buyers in relocating to the area. Feel free to contact us today for a personalized tour of Clayton NC.